Interview with Alain Chambron, President of Everlite Concept
Mr Chambron spent some time with us, over the course of 2 weeks or so, to answer a few questions we had for him. Most of what we had to ask, was aimed at helping us get a better understanding, of how Alain has helped build Everlite Concept. This subsidiary of the DANPAL Group, continues to lead the way with innovative thinking, and marketing practices.
1/ What prompted you to start the new business that became EV?
I started out in the architectural industry, responsible for sales and then Marketing at “ETERNIT”, where I stayed for 11 years. After this, I became the Commercial Director of “ROCKWOOL insulation”, a division which I had helped create in FRANCE.
The main concept of working with “light architecture”, along with engineers was a real motivating factor for me. One of our first projects “MUSEE DU LOUVRE”, was the lighting of the “MONA LISA” with Marc FONTOYNON a research engineer, and major specialist in natural lighting.
2/ What advice can you offer to our junior DANPAL employees around the world?
- Study the environmental evolution of architecture to understand how to apply the advantages of Danpalon polycarbonate solutions.
- Understand that DANPALON based systems can adapt to all architectures, high, wide, rounded, any colour.
- Look at the durability of our products, as seen in projects that are more than 35 Years old (references).
- Think in terms of recyclability.
- How light weight Danpalon systems can be of great benefit. (important for timber construction in development in France).
- The benefit of our DANPAL solutions providing invisible fixings.
- The quality of light transmission without glare and evenly distributed: VERY IMPORTANT for many projects, especially sports centres.
- Zero cleaning and maintenance of our systems.
3/ Looking back on how PC solutions have evolved and evolved within the architecture industry, what trends do you foresee for the future?
Curtain walls with improved insulation and acoustic properties, such as those provided by our DANPATHERM K12 and K7 systems, will become increasingly in demand. The need for new shading systems, to retrofit existing buildings is also a trend that I think our new AURA system, is well positioned to take advantage of.
Of course, the Green Building trend is important for us to be acknowledged, and so Green Walls will become more in demand.
4/ Do you have any thoughts on the current trend of GREEN BUILDING?
Using roofs and facades for rainwater recovery and the incorporation of green walls is where I think we need to focus.
If we look at a local example of what can be done in Paris:
THE AVERAGE PRECIPITATION IS 637 mm.
ESTIMATE ON A FACADE 10 m HEIGHT AND 10 m LONG WITH A THEORETICAL PRECIPITATION AT 15 °
THE GROUND SURFACE PROJECTION IS 27 m2 EITHER A POTENTIAL OF WATER TO BE RECOVERED OF 17,200 LITERS
ESTIMATE BY TYPE OF PANEL DANPALON OVER A HEIGHT OF 10 m
FOR A 600 PANEL: 1032 LITERS FOR A 900 PANEL: 1548 LITERS FOR A 1040 PANEL: 1788 LITRES
“THE IRRIGATION POTENTIAL OF A 10m2 PLANT WALL WITH 2 l / h DRIVERS 15 MINUTES PER DAY IS 382 DAYS”.
5/ What are the most important lessons you feel you learned from building Everlite Concept as a new business early on?
For the past 35 years, exceptional teamwork between our Marketing, and Production divisions, has allowed for tremendous progress! In this time, EVERLITE and DANPAL together, have developed a range of unique systems such as DANPATHERM. This has kept us ahead of the competition and positioned us as the no.1 supplier of Daylighting Solutions.